Dispute Resolution Policy
- About this Dispute Resolution Policy
- How can I report an issue or complaint?
- What happens after I report an issue or complaint?
- What happens if my issue or complaint is not resolved to my satisfaction?
- Can I contact sellers directly?
- What if a seller refuses to cooperate in the dispute resolution process?
- Other helpful sources of information
About this Dispute Resolution Policy
Jumia strives to offer a seamless and user-friendly experience across our marketplace. However, disputes between customers and sellers and/or Jumia will occasionally occur. This policy provides guidance to customers on how to report issues or complaints and resolve disputes.
How can I report an issue or complaint?
To report an issue or a complaint you may contact Jumia customer service by telephoning +233 302 740 642; or by using live chat.
For fast and efficient resolution of specific types of issues, listed below, you can also use the email addresses and online contact forms, listed below, to reach the right team directly. This policy provides guidance to customers on how to report issues or complaints and resolve disputes.
Record the following information for purposes of keeping you updated and tracking the issue
your name and contact details; and
- the nature of the issue
- Issue a reference number for the complaint for tracking purposes.
- Send you regular email updates on the steps taken to resolve the issue, in the event that it is not resolved upon first contact.
- Notify you via email once the matter has been resolved and seek your confirmation of your level of satisfaction with resolution.
What happens after I report an issue or complaint?
After you report and issue or a complaint, Jumia shall take the following steps:
What happens if my issue or complaint is not resolved to my satisfaction?
Jumia operates the escalation process set out below, to ensure the timely and satisfactory resolution of all issues.
Where possible, we will attempt to resolve issues at the first point of contact with the customer service team.
If our customer service team is unable to resolve your issue within 24 hours of your first contact, a member of the issue resolution team will undertake an investigation.
The issue resolution team may request additional information from you and they will investigate the issue, considering all relevant circumstances and information available. You will be informed of their findings within 48 hours of your first contact.
In the event that the issue is not resolved within 48 hours of your first contact, it will be automatically escalated to the customer experience team as the final level of escalation. We endeavour to resolve all issues within 5 days of your first contact.
Can I contact sellers directly?
Jumia will make every effort to contact sellers to resolve customer complaints on behalf of our customers. However if these efforts are unsuccessful, customers may also request direct contact details for sellers, by contacting customer service.
What if a seller does not cooperate in the dispute resolution process?
Any seller that fails to cooperate in good faith to resolve a customer's complaint may have its seller account restricted or terminated.